Monday, March 28, 2005

Well. I Guess That Puts Me In My Place.

Jeff Jarvis has a column in which he tries to make the case that the "loony religious right" has 'Jumped The Shark' with the American people in the Schiavo case.

Interestingly, his piece ends with this little gem of a paragraph:
Mind you, I am writing this after leaving my church on Saturday setting up the lillies and pansies for the dawn of Easter sunday. And I am posting this on Easter morning as millions of Americans go to church -- huge numbers of them who may not be devout in media terms and, in fact, go only once or twice a year. These are the reasonably religious, not the zealots, not the theocrats, just Americans.

I am at a loss for words.

Update: You can freshen the air again by reading this excellent Mark Shea piece.

No comments: