Friday, October 01, 2004

Derbyshire Spells it Out

From The Corner:

HAIL TO THE CHIEF [John Derbyshire]

Gotta admit, I'm getting mighty irritated by readers who think it's outrageous, disloyal, unpatriotic, or something to criticize Pres. Bush and his speaking skills.

Listen: GEORGE W. BUSH IS A SIMPLY TERRIBLE PUBLIC SPEAKER. There now.

He's a good man and a good President. I shall be voting for him in November, and shall do all that I can, within the bounds of truth and integrity, to help him win. That includes (in my view) hammering away at him to improve on his weaknesses. Though I like GWB and shall be voting for him, I do not believe that the sun shines out from his shirt sleeves. I have never believed that about any national leader. If I were the kind of person who *did* believe that kind of thing, I should go to live in North Korea.

Posted at 09:59 AM

No comments: