Monday, October 11, 2004

Taking Tuesday Off

Blogging will be light to nonexistent on Tuesday. I will be taking my twice-monthly joyride in the sky. The vehicle for this excursion will be one of these bad boys:

Click to Zoom

That is a Beechcraft V-Tail Bonanza, which I enjoy piloting almost as much as Moxie likes her life-sized Dick Cheney doll. It's sort of a cross between the Two-Tone Corvette and the Harley Davidson of general aviation aircraft. The Bonanza cruises at 190 mph. I figure I'll take off from Palo Alto, fly down to Monterey, have lunch, then take off and head south down the coast to take a look at Big Sur. Nice.


Here is another view of this kind of aircraft:

Click to Zoom


And here is the very one I'll be flying:

Click to Zoom

Shaweet. This one's a 1959. I wasn't even born yet when they built this one! My Dad graduated high school that year.

When I get back from a flight, I am usually too buzzed and exhilarated to even think about blogging...

Note: All pictures may be clicked to see bigger versions.

1 comment:

Matteo said...

Pull up even more, trees get bigger as they go round and round.