Thursday, January 27, 2005

You Gotta Like Evan Coyne Maloney

Evan has been making his own mini-documentaries the last couple of years. Generally he goes to left-wing protest rallies and lets the folks speak for themselves. Maloney is such a nice guy, with such a gentle, amiable persona, that the folks he interviews are able to state their lefty views without getting all riled up. I was actually reflecting on this a bit after the march last Saturday. I walked to a nearby restaurant district with some friends, and thought, "You know, I'll probably end up holding the door for people who were yelling at us in the counter protest. They won't recognize that I was in the march, and I won't recognize them. We'll smile and nod." But still. I ain't going to vote their way!

Anyway, Evan's latest documentary was done amongst the inauguration protestors in DC. They seem like nice people. Quite an amusing video.

No comments: