I've come up with a radical scheme that could possibly work to end the housing crisis:
1) People that can't or won't pay their mortgage lose the house.
2) The banks take the house and sell it to people who can afford it.
There are a few flaws:
1) It doesn't require massive amounts of government money.
2) It doesn't protect people from their mistakes.
3) It doesn't punish responsible people who are patiently waiting for houses to become affordable.
4) It could result in the banks that helped create this mess failing.
In spite of these issues, I believe we should give it a try.
Saturday, February 27, 2010
It Has Its Donwsides, But It Might Just Be Crazy Enough To Work
Highlighted by Mish: