Saturday, October 13, 2007

Seething Bigotry Is Not A Side Effect, It's The Whole Point

Good point in a comment here:

[R]ead Wikipedia’s “featured article” of yesterday about ID, and you will find there an old concept often exhibited by our kind “enemies”, even on this blog: that IDists are bad and hypocritical people (false), because they say that ID is not a religious theory (true) while most of them are religious people (true again). I think there may be no better example of a wrong, arrogant, intolerant way of thinking. This is hating one “because” of one’s religious belief. This is affirming that I cannot express my scientific ideas sincerely and objectively “because” I have religious beliefs. That’s, in my opinion, personal persecution. I really feel it as a personal persecution against me, and I don’t like it, and I will do anything I can to fight it.

No comments: