Wednesday, August 16, 2006

MSM Cannot Even Be Trusted With Basic Arithmetic

I just noticed something in this story. Can you spot the problem?

I'm 60 and I hate it: Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton hates it, but it is true: He will be 60 on Saturday, and he is often the oldest man in the room.

The former baby-boomer-in-chief and 42nd US president admitted at a world AIDS conference here -- at which delegates serenaded him with "Happy Birthday" -- that his approaching milestone filled him with trepidation.

"In just a few days, I will be 60 years old. I hate it, but it's true," the snowy-haired veteran of two tumultuous White House terms said.

"For most of my working life, I was the youngest person doing what I was doing. Then one day I woke up and I was the oldest person in every room," said Clinton, who was a youthful 44 when he was first elected president, in 1992...

So, it seems he'll be 60 in a couple of days, which means that in November, 2006, he'll be 60. November 1992 is 14 years ago. 60 - 14 is 46. But the article said he was 44.

So there ya go.

No comments: