Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sophistry Leads To Stimulating Discussion

Pretty good discussion going on a Telic Thoughts in response to this post:

Science and God
by MikeGene

PZ Myers has a quote from J.B.S. Haldane that he admires:

My practise as a scientist is atheistic. That is to say, when I set up an experiment I assume that no god, angel, or devil is going to interfere with its course; and this assumption has been justified by such success as I have achieved in my professional career. I should therefore be intellectually dishonest if I were not also atheistic in the affairs of the world. And I should be a coward if I did not state my theoretical views in public. - J.B.S. Haldane

Who can argue with a brilliant scientist who has lab evidence that God does not exist? Just imagine – J.B.S. Haldane was always justified when he assumed God would not interfere with his experiments. Now we see the “scientific” understanding of God - if God exists, he should have been goofing with J.B.S. Haldane and messing up his experiments to prevent Haldane from becoming a success!

Haldane as success = God does not exist.

No comments: