Monday, June 18, 2007

"I Suppose She Will Blow Herself Up, Then Apologize To Herself For Driving Herself To It."

Beyond absurd. I found the link via this Mark Shea post. The title of my post comes from a commenter to his post.

Jesus is God. Jesus is not God. Whatever. Sez the reverend: "[W]hy would I spend time to try to reconcile all of Christian belief with all of Islam? At the most basic level, I understand the two religions to be compatible. That's all I need."

Well, isn't that special.

From another commenter:

One suggestion for Ms. Redding. Book a flight to Mecca for the Haj. Be sure to wear your clericals, and explain to your friendly fellow pilgims your "dual role". Then, be sure to have your next of kin ready to sign for the cardboard box they send back to Seattle with your remains. Actually this may provide some common ground for both Christians and Muslims: "This woman is nuts".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also think that story shows a pathetic side to these people. As often as I disagree with the anti-scientific brand of religion, I can at least respect it for the strength of belief and the (well, most of the time, if you squint) consistency of its positions.

I cannot understand how someone could claim to be a member both of a religion that holds Jesus to be part of the divine trinity -- the Son of God -- and of a religion that holds him to be a prophet, and not even the most important prophet. Sometimes it is a shame that the metaphor about heads exploding is not more literally true...