Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I Have Seen The Face Of Evil

My wife and I went to a DirectBuy open house last night. You may have heard of them from radio ads. The showroom seemed nice, and it sounded like a great concept at the time (but more and more absurd, reflecting back on it). Luckily, my policy is that when someone tells me that I need to decide right then and there whether to immediately cough up $6500 to join their money saving club or forever hold my peace, without being allowed to independently check out their record, or even to look at the vaunted catalogs, my answer is essentially, "go to hell". I'm polite about it, of course.

After getting home from their amazingly devious sales pitch, I googled "DirectBuy scam". There were over 9,000 hits.

This link and associated comments sum it up pretty well. This is a criminal enterprise. Avoid it at all costs.

No comments: