Friday, December 31, 2004

Math-Geek Jokes From Derbyshire

Here.

These are the best ones:
Q: What's huge, white, swims in the ocean, and has only one side?
A: Moebius Dick.

Q: How many number theorists does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A: This is not known, but it is conjectured to be a prime number.

Q: How many light bulbs does it take to change a light bulb?
A: One, if it knows its own Goedel number.

Q: Why did the chicken cross the Moebius strip?
A: To get to the same side.

***Excuse for not doing math homework:
---I could only get arbitrarily close to my textbook, I couldn't reach it.

***Set-theoretic campfire song:
Aleph-null bottles of beer on the wall
Aleph-null bottles of beer,
You take one down and pass it around,
Aleph-null bottles of beer on the wall...
I made up my own little joke back in the day. Not a math joke, but a stoner joke:

Me: "How many stoners does it take to screw in a light bulb?"
You: "I don't know, how many?"
Me: [pause, look of recognition that you just said something] "What."

Otay, that's it for this blog in 2004! Happy New Year!

No comments: