Monday, November 02, 2009

Good Comments

From a couple of Gay Patriot posts:

Nationaljournal.com reports:

Assemb. Dede Scozzafava (R) may be crossing party lines to support atty Bill Owens (D), but her now ex-mgr Matt Burns isn’t going along with that decision. “Dede is entitled to her own opinion, as is everyone, but I obviously disagree with her decision,” Burns told us today, a day after leaving the campaign. “I am supporting Doug Hoffman, because denying Nancy Pelosi another foot soldier is vital to restoring fiscal responsibility and common sense in Washington.”

You can’t run away from stink any faster than that. I think brother Burns finds himself taking a Clorox shower and getting plenty out on the record that Dede is doing dumbdumb all by her lonesome.

---

heliotrope, I believe the cleansing procedure you’re referring to is called “The Full Silkwood.”
Lather.
Scrape Off Every Living Epidermal Cell From Head To Toe.
Sink Slowly To Shower Floor, Sobbing Bitterly For 5-10 Minutes.
Rinse.
Repeat.

----

Obama campaigned with the repeated assertion that “the economy grows from the bottom up.” Dumb, dumb me: I thought he meant from the working stiff up. Now I realize that he meant that first he makes the economy crash to the bottom and then it will grow from the wreckage.

In that light, health care for the elderly improves with death.

I thought his concentration on the war in Afghanistan was something about “getting it back on track” for victory. Now I understand that he meant he was talking about changing a quagmire into a ditherfest.

He appointed a general to go to Afghanistan to get the job done. I thought that meant reorganize and knock down the Taliban. Now I realize he needed his own appointed general to fail so he could cry “hopeless, hopeless, hopeless” and blame Bush for ever starting the thing.

I thought “hope and change” was a series of calculated moves that would dazzle. Now I discover that Obama “hopes” that “changing” the faces on the business as usual bureaucracy will allow him to strut and preen and stay unengaged.

Little did I understand that the Styrofoam columns at the convention were as much substance as there would ever be. Nor did I realize that all those people crying were way ahead of me and that they knew then the nation was in for one huge [&%$#*@].

No comments: