Thursday, January 01, 2009

An Idea If Your Network Adaptor Ever Blows Out

I got back from a 1600 mile Christmas roadtrip last night to find that my desktop computer could not connect to the internet. I quickly found that it would not even connect to the router. Trying my wife's notebook on the exact same wire plugged into my computer revealed that there was nothing wrong with the cabling or the router.

So I know the built-in ethernet on the computer was hosed.

I don't like it when my computer is hosed.

It makes it hard for me to sleep.

During my insomnia, I surfed around on my wife's notebook and found out that there is such a thing as a USB 2.0 to fast ethernet adaptor.

I went to Fry's today, and dropped 15 bucks on one.

Problem fixed, and I didn't even have to open the computer case!

No comments: