Saturday, August 30, 2008

Shut Out

In response to a pro-abortion rant in the comment thread I mentioned here, I attempted to post:

Natasha (comment 61): Wouldn't you agree that being born is actually quite good for a woman? If she doesn't have the right to at least that, then on what basis, really, does she have any other rights?

I support the fundamental right of women to be born. For me it's an issue of basic respect.

Is it really helpful to consider me and others like me to be the personification of pure evil because of this? It seems to me that the Democratic Party, and progressivism in general, is utterly destroying itself with its non-negotiable abortion obsession, which constitutes an obvious violation of the principle of protecting the weak and powerless against the predations of the strong and self-interested. Progressivism becomes little more than an empty sham when this fundamental principle is abandoned. How about a little sympathy, a little empathy, a little compassion for the pre-born women who have been, who are now, and who are to come? Is this really such a nightmare to you?

My comment was quashed in moderation, and didn't see the light of day. Then again, Violet made this rule for the post:

Also, please refrain from attempting to “enlighten” me or my readers about abortion.

But progressives always tell me that minds are like parachutes and stuff. I suppose that in the final analysis, their bumper sticker slogan means that only right-wing minds need to be open to function.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Violet's problem is she does know yet she is unable to face this truth; it is a burdensome affliction which must be denied and is one main reason why so many adult women become life-long depressives who by the time they reach the age of fourty need Prozac to help them forget.