Thursday, January 31, 2008

Tagged

Matt tagged me.

The Rules:-
Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. (No cheating!)
Find Page 123.
Find the first 5 sentences.
Post the next 3 sentences.
Tag 5 people.


Title: The Design Matrix by Mike Gene

Sentences 6, 7,& 8 of page 123: "The picture is drawn such that either animal can be see and is inherently ambiguous. Perhaps the duck/rabbit image can assist us in expanding our thinking about the concepts of both design and evolution. Evolution is supported by a vast amount of evidence."

Interesting that page 123 happens to be the introduction of the central metaphor for the whole book, which is one of the best I've read on the ID/Darwinism controversy. In this book the author in many ways transcends the current debate.

I'm supposed to now tag 5 people, but I'm not really on "blog-buddy" terms with anyone else (besides the Matt who tagged me) such that I could...

1 comment:

Matt said...

"...the duck/rabbit image..."

I only saw this image for the first time last week, and if I hadn't I would not have understood what you posted.