Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Yup.

Instapundit:
IOWAHAWK: American Pride is Back Out of the Closet! “Who is to credit for this rebirth in American national unity? First and foremost, we must cite the leadership of President Obama. Like many Americans – and the Nobel Peace Prize committee – I naively feared he was actually serious when he initially proposed shutting down Guantanamo, trying detainees in American civilian courts, and prior consultation with the international community. Little did I know that this untested young Commander-in-Chief would muster the courage to read his weekly Gallup numbers and, in one daring unilateral extra-judicial targeted hit job, toss aside every single idiotic foreign policy principle of his election campaign. Perhaps most satisfyingly, it was a mission made possible thanks to information extracted by methods he previously banned as ‘illegal torture.’”


Also this:
Nobel Peace Prize laureate Barack Obama ordered Cheney's assassination squad to murder Osama bin Laden in cold blood, based on intelligence gathered through a combination of illegal torture of unlawfully detained civilians and warrantless wiretapping of private communications.

Anything I left out? Why are the Democrats celebrating? Doesn't this make Obama a war criminal, just like Bush? What am I missing here?

(Don't get me wrong. I'm as pleased as anyone that Osama has assumed room temperature. I just want to make sure that I don't say the wrong thing if Joe Biden or Nancy Pelosi shows up on TV wearing an "I ♥ Waterboarding" t-shirt.)

No comments: