Major Darwin Says:
February 24th, 2005 at 4:00 am
Mike, as a Marine, my last combat tour was in Iraq, my first was when President Clinton sent me to Mogadishu In both cases the cause was provably legitimate and just.
As a political independent who has served in uniform under 2 republican and 2 democrat administrations, I can tell you that your post is laser sharp and verifiably accurate from A to Z. Each point could be substantiated by facts that I have noted for 2 decades now.
I have spent many a post elsewhere refuting the lies and fraud of the likes of Will and am glad you saved all of us the time in yet again coldly and rationally exposing his double-speak and sickening hypocrisy.
Instead I will give him a shorter and undeserved response so he will understand from a primary source that he and others assume about by proxy how 78% of your deployed military (who re-elected the President) feel about the anti-war troop “support” And how the remaining 22% of deployed troops who voted for the other candidate who authorized both the war, and 1998 Iraq Regime change act, really feel about the “support” of the protestors.
DEAR PROTESTOR, YOU MAY HATE THE WAR BUT YOU WILL NEVER HATE “WAR” AS MUCH AS I OR MY MEN DO SO DON’T FAKE IT. IT CHEAPENS YOUR ALREADY LOST ARGUMENT AND PERSUADES NO CONVERTS, I COULD DETAIL HOW YOUR FALSE “SUPPORT” ACTIVELY ENDANGERS OUR LIVES AND NEEDLESSLY MAKES OUR CURRENT TASK, AND FUTURE MISSIONS YET UNKNOWN MUCH HARDER AND DEADLIER. IF YOU DO NOT SUPPORT OUR MISSION THAT WE ARE SO COMMITTED TO ACHIEVING, YOU DO NOT SUPPORT US, THE TROOPS WHO VOLUNTEER AND SUPPORT IT EVERY DAY, PERIOD. IT IS AN IMPOSSIBILITY ON SO MANY LEVELS.
If you just want us home so you can sleep at night or you erroneously think we are trapped, your “support” is unwanted pity and cheap emotional release for lack of understanding of the history and potential risks that necessitated this war.
This is not an opinion like your lame hit piece Will, it is a fact from a troop who has lived it under a Democrat and Republican CINC.
You Will, and the fiction-for-fact cry babies have now become merely a boat anchor that my men and I must now carry in addition to a heavy pack. We will not fail. Because you are a citizen we will never abandon your kind, I will be damned if someone tries to silence your dissent- I may even die for it. But do not think you and your kind can speak and act in a way that gives daily hope and comfort to the forces trying to kill me and my men, and then you call it “support?” I’ll be damned if I let you go uncorrected.
The irony is that its people like Mike and those who unabashedly support my men and mission that make it easier for me to carry you and your bile.
Now the lesson and the price Will, your ideological side is losing influence in the Congress, the Courts, the Executive, It is truly scary that you care more about hate and fiction, than being persuasive… I promise you if your side does not change you will continue to kill your own ideas and the troops for many more generations will not support your “support”.
You should invest your energy into understanding why it is we who are serving have gained revealing insights into why our mission is worthy and this war is necessary. For plurality sake I only hope you are capable.
(Hat tip: Peeve Farm)