Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Lileks

On one of my own pet peeves:

I had a moment today on the road where I wanted to put a Tomahawk through the car in front of me, because it was UNAWARE OF ME. This is, and is not, as selfish as it sounds; when I have to turn left against oncoming traffic, I get my corpus into the intersection, so the vehicle behind me can turn in my wake if it chooses. But I got behind someone who dared not nose into the intersection, worried perhaps that the greater distance would make it difficult for me to take in all of her instructive, ruckus-provoking bumperstickers. I didn’t follow, because that would have meant breaking the plane on a red light. My cause was just, but I declined to take the field.

It’s always amazing how many people drive with no idea whatsoever of what’s behind them. The rear-view mirror might as well be a cable channel not included in their package.

No comments: