Monday, March 10, 2008

Troops Heart Chuck Norris

Amusing Reuters story. Contains some Chuck Norris facts I hadn't yet heard:

"The fastest way to a man's heart is with Chuck Norris's fist," reads one message at the shrine, which consists of a signed photo of the actor surrounded by similar statements.

"Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter," reads one and "Chuck Norris divides by zero," reads another.

Known as Chuck Norris "facts," the claims have already become an Internet phenomenon, and scores are featured on www.chucknorrisfacts.com, including "Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas," and "There are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, Chuck Norris lives in Oklahoma."

A very unusual article for Reuters. It's almost like they have a smidgeon of affection with US troops and Iraqis:

Norris' appeal is not restricted to U.S. troops either. At an Iraqi police graduation ceremony in Falluja, graduates called out for their "Chuck Norris" to pose with them for photos.

"Truthfully, I didn't know who he was. I asked the Americans, and they said he was a great fighter, and that's why they named me after him. They showed me a video, and it's true, he's a great fighter" said police trainer Mohammed Rasheed.

With his handle-bar moustache, Rasheed has a vague resemblance to Norris.

1 comment:

Foxfier said...

Me: that's F*ing awesome.

My husband: I want a picture!