Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Some Mark Shea Humor

Link:

Did C.S. Lewis Go to Heaven?

Like this guy knows. Garrison Keillor once remarked that the Puritans came to the New World seeking the freedom to be harsher on themselves than English law allowed.

I think of that as I read these exercises in that minor Protestant sport called "Figuring out Who Made it to Heaven". It seems to invariably consist of faintly recalling that Jesus said somewhere, "Come into the kingdom which my Father has prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I taught a theory of sola fide and you correctly articulated it. I hinted at double eternal predestination, limited atonement and irresistible grace and you cleverly figured it out. I was a dispensationalist and you agreed with me. I was a post-Trib rapture enthusiast and you correctly decoded me."

Here, Lewis apparently is suspect of being far too Romish in his opinions for the good Lord to tolerate.

No comments: